Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 At least you can buy the replacement netting for cheap from fishpond for $16-$30, Way cheaper than $170
My sister called me up and told that one of the other pilots for the airline she's flying for had a medical emergency so she would have to be north of the brooks range for three months. She asked if I could go up to her place in Anchorage and help her out with a a few things and bring her 15 year old Jack Russell terrier back to stay with me for a couple months. It was silver season so she asked at the right time. She also bought my ticket and put me up in first class so that helped.

I had enough time to make a mess of the bench and tie a few flies before leaving.

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

I called a few people, made plans, and a week and a half after she called I was here at 2am.

I got a cab to her house, slept a few hours, loaded everything into her car and hit the road. Driving this little thing was about the biggest ass pucker I've had in a long time. A car that size is a moose lazy boy waiting to happen and I drove 600 miles of the moosest roads on earth.

I met up with an old friend that now lives in Kenai and hit the river. Fishing wasn't too bad with me getting a nice silver on the first day and both of us catching a ton of sockeyes.

We hiked upstream a ways past where the river is closed to fishing to check out fish swimming/ jumping up a series of waterfalls. Along the way the river was dotted with pools choked full of fish taking a break between rapids.

I headed down the road to fish the stream that I grew up grew up on. Coming into town I noticed how everything was run down more than I ever remembered and then saw the old tackle shop that I used to buy candy bars at when my brother and my friends and I would ride our bikes down to the river as kids to fish.

We missed the main push of silvers on the first afternoon so fishing wasn't the greatest. We were catching mostly pinks with my buddy getting a nice silver. He went back up to Kenai having to be at work in the morning and I had a downed a homer to meet up with an old friend stopping at the salt water solution on the way to harass some more humpy's.

He met out at the slough and fished a bit before we made it back to his place at dusk to drink some beers and whiskey and catch up.

Then up the next and last day to fish by myself on the home waters.

I got an early steelhead but couldn't get a pick on my own. I had to ask a favor of a guy fishing a ways below me to take a pic of this one for me.

With everything loaded in the car I headed back up to Anchorage, took a quick shower, repacked my bag, called a cab, rounded up the dog and headed to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Product & Gear Info and Reviews / Re: I Need a Net - Suggestions?
« Last post by Dee-Vo on Today at 13:00:46 »
So, this sucks.

Opened my bed cover this morning on the pickup and some bastard rodent had chewed a baseball sized hole in my $170 new net. Also, to add, it chewed my fly line in half on my rod combo.

Good morning pick me up to get the day going.
The bar is open.... / Re: Gay-Vett Brothers
« Last post by Aka on Today at 11:26:38 »
Speaking of great songs saw John Prine in Charlotte last night. Heck of a show.

I saw John in Charleston on Friday, great show. He ended with a great version of lake marie and then danced his ass off the stage as the band played the last chords.
« Last post by Phil on Today at 08:34:17 »
" Oh and Ken, errybutty knows Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen is the greatest song ever written."
Ohhhhh, nononono. Please don't ever say that again. Aaaack.
« Last post by troutfanatic on September 19, 2017, 16:15:20 PM »
Oh and Ken, errybutty knows Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen is the greatest song ever written.

Don't even get me started on guitar work.

PS. You picked a lame Slayer song. Reign in Blood was the shit, when I listened to such.
« Last post by troutfanatic on September 19, 2017, 16:11:50 PM »
I was unaware this footage existed until it popped up on a Dead page I admin.

I really regret not going to this.

Damn education, gets in the way of everything.
Warm Water / Re: 2017 Warm Water
« Last post by DRIFTS on September 19, 2017, 14:17:37 PM »
Foe me, bout November...then it's  musky / trout time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Warm Water / Re: 2017 Warm Water
« Last post by sanjuanwormhatch on September 19, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
that was vury nice.  out of curiosity, when does time run out?
Warm Water / Re: It's Smallie Time
« Last post by Dee-Vo on September 18, 2017, 21:17:44 PM »
Dude, now you got the bronze back in my brain.

Here we go again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10