Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Western Destinations / Re: Long overdue Wyoming TR
« Last post by Woolly Bugger on August 21, 2017, 10:16:13 AM »
super duper you suk! (as do begbugs) the price you pay!
Warm Water / Re: 2017 Warm Water
« Last post by Woolly Bugger on August 20, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »

2017 – 65

The Spork and I were supposed to go chase after some prehistoric fish in eastern NC, but when a seat in a boat became available, I bailed on that trip. What a difference a day can make. Friday float planned but with a catch, we would be putting in behind a guide who would have been of the river five days straight.. So we figured that it would difficult following after him and we might not get the top water action we were looking for. So Plan B was implemented, it required a longer drive and an earlier start. At the take out at 7:15, boat in the water thirty minutes later. First beer cracked before eight. What we didn’t realize was that we would be riding a cold water pulse for the next eight hours. “I thought it took three days for the water to get here, not two.” At first the river rose then it turned muddy and as it began to fall we were left with grass floating everywhere fowling the flies on almost every cast and it was hot. Still in the morning shade I broke a sweat casting! Once the sun rose above the trees it really got hot and any breeze felt hotter that the air around us. Around 10 we realized that things weren’t looking good and we had better ration our beer. (we drank the last ones around noon) With a severe afternoon thunderstorm warning we planned to be off the water early and I was headed home in the rush hour traffic.

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

« Last post by Stone-Man on August 19, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
Gracious Jeff-----What a good trip other than the bugs  (hope you told the land lord)
Great fish and some really great scenery  'c;

JT
« Last post by Onslow on August 19, 2017, 07:29:23 AM »
The off the beaten path vibe certainly adds a layer of mystic. 

I'm planning on a road trip next year out west, but it does not involve any fishing.
« Last post by Dee-Vo on August 18, 2017, 22:16:21 PM »
You got your penance, asshole.  ;D /'/ -+; V:;
BTW, mailbox bashing is a federal offense. Ask @Native Fisher.

Common knowledge. Some people have those really badass mailboxes that'll snap your fucking wrists. Encountered one of those as well. That was the end of that hobby. I now own one of those mailboxes.
« Last post by Dougfish on August 18, 2017, 22:02:56 PM »
You got your penance, asshole.  ;D /'/ -+; V:;
BTW, mailbox bashing is a federal offense. Ask @Native Fisher.
« Last post by Dee-Vo on August 18, 2017, 21:53:58 PM »

Deev: this was the only one I took a pick of that was stuck in me.

Once, while quite young and dumb, rebellious, mischievous, etc., I got out of a vehicle to pound some dude's mailbox with a crowbar. Rushing along in the pitch black of night, I done the deed. After diving back into said vehicle, we turned on the interior light. From my belt down to my ankles on the fronts and inside and backs of my legs were nothing but a few thousand fine as hair cactus spines. The next three hours were spent plucking the spines out of my nether regions. I deserved it, or maybe it was worth it. The next day I returned in the daylight to examine the cacti. I was stomping around in a 10' x 10' patch of waist high cacti. Sort of like the picture below.

« Last post by Dougfish on August 18, 2017, 21:42:08 PM »
Tou-fukking-che!  :laugh: 'c; 0:0
« Last post by Jfey on August 18, 2017, 21:34:12 PM »
Also, nice flatware for a dive.  d:b

Rockin sound system also

« Last post by Dougfish on August 18, 2017, 21:18:26 PM »
Also, nice flatware for a dive.  d:b