Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The bar is open.... / Re: For the love of guns
« Last post by Phil on Today at 17:27:04 »
Back to the subject at hand -- I looked at the G43, LC9s, and LC9sPro today at a shop. They didn't have a Shield to look at. Couldn't live fire them.
I'm actually considering the LC9s because of the manual safety. Figure I'll be carrying it sometimes not in a holster (back pocket or fishing vest) and the safety might be a good option. Also liked the feel of the trigger on the LC9s better than the Glock. I dunno. Options, options....  :-\
« Last post by Yallerhammer on Today at 15:39:58 »
Freedom is scary to sheep people. I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.
« Last post by Big J on Today at 13:50:50 »
I hope when we are sitting around the campfire you use some of these same arguments.  There are so many holes in these arguments/propaganda that it is like watching the 1919 World Series.

Also, can someone be non violently killed with a gun?
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on Today at 13:26:46 »
Let me see if I can get a 3rd strike.  Damn, you machosexuals are predictable!
« Last post by Yallerhammer on Today at 12:10:48 »
what about the G17 ? opinions

It's a fine pistol. I prefer the mid-sized ones like the 19 or 23 for EDC, though. I've toted a G23 every day for years, and love it. I have no idea why everybody thinks a pistol has to be a little tiny thing the size of a soda cracker to comfortably CC? Half of those little things I couldn't get enough grip on to hit the broad side of a barn.
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on Today at 11:38:39 »
Says the man who moved into the mountains away from society and doesn't fish with me anymore.

What did you do with that shotgun with the sights off Hiner? Did you send it back?

No, I put a TruGlo Multireticle sight on it and now have a good pattern with the new combination 5,6, and 7 loads, out to ~ 40 yards. 

Missed a turkey on Sat.  came down with  a bad case of turkey fever trembling like a 15 year old boy on his first date plus I really miscalculated the distance added to the surprise that I actually called the peckerwood close learning experience.
« Last post by Big J on Today at 11:28:54 »

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

I just had to message him.

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

« Last post by Big J on Today at 10:31:32 »
Says the man who moved into the mountains away from society and doesn't fish with me anymore.

What did you do with that shotgun with the sights off Hiner? Did you send it back?
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on Today at 10:17:39 »
Conceding a screwed-up position, I am amused with any discussion of which weapon has the best stopping power or is the most comfortable to conceal, by folks that most likely have no first-hand evidence or support (luckily never had to pull the trigger or hopefully never will). 

So, from this 17-18April conversation I was forced to grudgingly recall the numbers.  We have more guns and approximately 80% of us believe in angels, and we might be a tad too paranoid.  Are we the greatest of the great?   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-nearly-8-in-10-americans-believe-in-angels/

https://www.alternet.org/noam-chomsky-why-americans-are-paranoid-about-everything-including-zombies

« Last post by Big J on Today at 08:54:05 »
Ruger LC9s, hands down. I've carried mine on the beach in swimming trunks and a tshirt without even a belt.

In addition to a Ruger LCP  .380  I have a Ruger LC9s pro in 9mm.  It is larger than the LCP but depending on what I am wearing it is my go-to gun. I really love the trigger.  My .380 is not the II model and trigger is real stiff. Has anyone had both and how does the II compare to the original trigger.

Get the LCP II.  The trigger is hands down one of the best out of box pocket gun triggers (Kahr may have it beat but it is close). The original LCP trigger is what always kept me from getting the LCP.  For a $300 gun, you cannot beat the LCP II.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10