Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The bar is open.... / Re: For the love of guns
« Last post by Yallerhammer on April 20, 2018, 14:22:19 PM »
I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.

Not me!  I rather perish by asphyxia, between the creamy mid-aged thighs of our Presidentís hoary concubine, Stormy Daniels.

No thanks. There's shit up in there that Clorox won't wash off.
« Last post by FlyFisher22 on April 20, 2018, 11:54:46 AM »
Yes, I assumed we couldn't start popping off rounds at camp...  Just meant if there was somewhere local. 
« Last post by Phil on April 20, 2018, 09:26:16 AM »
I vote try the shield too.  They can come with and without safety, even though I'd recommend still having it in some kind of holster or pocket holster if you throw it into a pocket or vest. 

I can't emphasize this enough.  I recommend always carrying in some kind of holster.

I know, I know. My military training was a long time ago. I wasn't thinking.  b';

Cam, I appreciate the offer, but no firing at Irby's. Liability issues.
« Last post by hcrum87hc on April 20, 2018, 09:15:48 AM »
I vote try the shield too.  They can come with and without safety, even though I'd recommend still having it in some kind of holster or pocket holster if you throw it into a pocket or vest. 

I can't emphasize this enough.  I recommend always carrying in some kind of holster. 
« Last post by Big J on April 20, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »

They also have a Performance Center Shield if you really want to treat yourself.  Comes with Tritium sights, smoother trigger, and ported barrel.  Fondled one a little while back.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-mp-9-shield-night-sights
« Last post by hcrum87hc on April 20, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »
I usually carry my LCP or PPS M1.  The LCP goes with me during the week when I need to be extra inconspicuous, and the PPS goes with me everywhere else.  My wife used to have a Shield.  It was a fine gun, but the grip was too narrow for my liking.  I couldn't get a good purchase on it, and it tended to shift in my hand too much. 

In response to Mudwall's trolling, I just want to know where I can find an American flag Python...
« Last post by FlyFisher22 on April 20, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
Back to the subject at hand -- I looked at the G43, LC9s, and LC9sPro today at a shop. They didn't have a Shield to look at. Couldn't live fire them.
I'm actually considering the LC9s because of the manual safety. Figure I'll be carrying it sometimes not in a holster (back pocket or fishing vest) and the safety might be a good option. Also liked the feel of the trigger on the LC9s better than the Glock. I dunno. Options, options....  :-\

I would still hold off to handle the shield, personally.  The thumb safety is an option on the shield as well, although I didn't go that route since I am always in a holster.  Would have to check with Irby/JT, but if they know somewhere acceptable to fire rounds, you are welcome to live fire my shield next month.  I can grab a box of ammo out of the safe to bring along. 

Cam
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 19, 2018, 21:33:51 PM »
I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.

Not me!  I rather perish by asphyxia, between the creamy mid-aged thighs of our Presidentís hoary concubine, Stormy Daniels.
« Last post by Phil on April 19, 2018, 17:27:04 PM »
Back to the subject at hand -- I looked at the G43, LC9s, and LC9sPro today at a shop. They didn't have a Shield to look at. Couldn't live fire them.
I'm actually considering the LC9s because of the manual safety. Figure I'll be carrying it sometimes not in a holster (back pocket or fishing vest) and the safety might be a good option. Also liked the feel of the trigger on the LC9s better than the Glock. I dunno. Options, options....  :-\
« Last post by Yallerhammer on April 19, 2018, 15:39:58 PM »
Freedom is scary to sheep people. I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10