Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Warm Water / Re: Mudwall can kiss my ass
« Last post by RiverbumCO on July 18, 2017, 22:24:03 PM »
  I fed the guts to my favorite cat named "Cat". Bonus!

I don't think Mr Ed had many cats growing up.
Warm Water / Re: Spinning rods are the future fam
« Last post by Grannyknot on July 18, 2017, 15:47:49 PM »
LOL.

« Last post by Aka on July 18, 2017, 14:47:48 PM »
A now a message from our sponsor.

« Last post by DAYUMson on July 18, 2017, 14:36:26 PM »
yes.  if they are getting hung, you need to go heavier to get your line more vertical.  should be able to feel the type of structure they could hang on and pull it right up and over it before its too late.  Only exception I can think of is maybe a suspended log or tree branch.

then again, if you're having luck with jigs & shot, stick with it.  the sensitivity you get from that set up is great for feeling takes.
I just like the bottom bouncers cause, no matter what the wind or drift is, you've got a way to keep the jig in the strike zone.  We use floating jig heads on them.
Gotcha. We are running 1/4 ounce jigs vertically and casting. Working well so far, but you do lose a lot. You are correct, you can feel a minnow's fart when running this setup.

I like this concept for running worm rigs tho

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Grannyknot on July 18, 2017, 13:55:47 PM »
yes.  if they are getting hung, you need to go heavier to get your line more vertical.  should be able to feel the type of structure they could hang on and pull it right up and over it before its too late.  Only exception I can think of is maybe a suspended log or tree branch.

then again, if you're having luck with jigs & shot, stick with it.  the sensitivity you get from that set up is great for feeling takes.
I just like the bottom bouncers cause, no matter what the wind or drift is, you've got a way to keep the jig in the strike zone.  We use floating jig heads on them.
« Last post by DAYUMson on July 18, 2017, 13:45:42 PM »
spork and WMTsun, since you are river fishing, have you entered the world of bottom bouncers?
Negative. Too easy to hang them up in the waterbody I fish. Ive tried them before.

Split shot is all I use

buddy, the true vertical jig in a swift current is a thing of beauty.
ive never got one hung up.
You are talking about bottom bouncers like these, correct?

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

« Last post by Grannyknot on July 18, 2017, 13:33:52 PM »
spork and WMTsun, since you are river fishing, have you entered the world of bottom bouncers?
Negative. Too easy to hang them up in the waterbody I fish. Ive tried them before.

Split shot is all I use

buddy, the true vertical jig in a swift current is a thing of beauty.
ive never got one hung up.
« Last post by Big J on July 18, 2017, 13:01:55 PM »

Split shot is all I use

I figured bottom bouncers was a new hip sexual term.
« Last post by DAYUMson on July 18, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »

Split shot is all I use

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10