Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The bar is open.... / Re: Beetle's Book and Word Thread
« Last post by Yallerhammer on Today at 12:12:09 »
Right now, I'm reading Ron Rash's Something Rich and Strange. Very good. Ron Rash is one of my favorite authors.
« Last post by Dee-Vo on Today at 10:01:35 »
Guests can't see images. Please login or login

Finished this earlier this morning. It took me a bit to get into it. Oftentimes, I’d find myself with the book in my lap — my eyes gazing at nothing out a window. Some areas of this book and the author’s experiences came as a sucker punch; many things I reflected upon, and even understood a little better after completing this book. I’m glad you guys brought this to the book thread. Enjoyed it.

Now for new material......decisions.
« Last post by Aka on February 16, 2018, 15:58:12 PM »

I've met @Dougfish 's wife and she is wonderful.  She let's him fish, drink beer and spend time with the likes of all of us here.

Strike 1 for @Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Yeah, I do have a pretty sweet gig.  -0-

I just finished that on a quick trip to Seattle last week. Well written, interesting, not sure how I feel about everything he says but a hell of a story.
« Last post by sanjuanwormhatch on February 16, 2018, 13:05:11 PM »
Anything by McCarthy is superlative.  My favorite is the Orchard Keeper and if you want to laugh out loud like a hyena check out his book "Suttree".

Glad to see this. I've been wanting to get into McCarthy, but always get tied up in something else.

Currently finishing up Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan and re-reading Dharma Bums while in search of some sort of inspiration.

Dharma Bums is Kerouac for high school freshmen.  Give Desolation Angels a spin if you're man enough.

Will. Interested in The Tower, let me know how that one is.

I am finally getting around to reading this.  It's actually pretty interesting.  As suspected it is very first world problems but raises some interesting questions about "outdoor" ethics.
« Last post by driver on February 16, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
This book is for Muddy. He needs instructions.

That book is dumb AF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last post by Dougfish on February 16, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
I want to read that brook trout book. Would like to read your review first, Doug.

379 pages.  :o
« Last post by Phil on February 16, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »
This book is for Muddy. He needs instructions.

« Last post by Dee-Vo on February 15, 2018, 21:42:14 PM »
How are the galliagan books? I read nail knot years ago and had trouble staying awake long enough to read it. Did they get any better?

They’re all sort of similar. I took breaks while reading them all. They’re okay.
« Last post by greg on February 15, 2018, 20:51:26 PM »
How are the galliagan books? I read nail knot years ago and had trouble staying awake long enough to read it. Did they get any better?
« Last post by Dee-Vo on February 15, 2018, 19:30:47 PM »

The detail that you purchased Comfort screams cynicism.  I hope you found it in the bargain bucket at Wal-Mart and had a fragile moment. 

I’m unable to recall where, or, really, why, I purchased that book. It was a waste of time and money. Cynical, I am.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10