Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The bar is open.... / Re: Who else wonders?
« Last post by benben reincarnated on August 16, 2017, 22:07:19 PM »
Maybe they have access to the forum but choose not to post...hello Tranny.
The bar is open.... / Re: Unlimited #snowflakes
« Last post by driver on August 16, 2017, 21:55:57 PM »
Another thing that most don't understand at all is that confederate flags and memorials aren't seen as racist or white supremacist symbols by your average southerner, nor or such ideas held or championed by most of us. They have been appropriated and used as symbols of hate, but keep in mind that the KKK flies the American flag at every rally, too. And the folks who aren't southerners or don't know anything about history can't see them as anything else except racist symbols. Believing that Southern = racist is a sign of a closed mind and just as hateful of a stereotype as the other stereotypes the same folks decry.

I see it like this. If the SC Capital Building flew a Taliban flag or Liberals ride around in pick-up flying a giant Taliban flags out the back, most everyone will be offended. Well this is what a Confederate Battle flag seems like to a Black person. I grew up in rural NC and I know and have known plenty of rednecks that hate black people and tell nagger jokes, etc etc. These are also the guys with Confederate flags outside there house, license plates, etc etc. So now if you are black person, you associate this flag and "monuments" with racist people and a regime that wanted to keep you ancestors enslaved. Even if you don't find if offensive others do. If your proud of your southern heritage fly a flag with a bowl of grits on it or something.

I hate people who spit tobacco juice on the floors of new homes being built.

Guilty! I usually try to keep it inside the wall though.
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 16, 2017, 21:34:20 PM »
Those who sincerely yearn for national unity, labor to bring people together to build cohesive communities and civic minded organizations have not the time for such vacuous gestures of indignation, and self pity.  Anyone who is supreme/superior does not have to declare that one is such, and the counter protesters in this latest debacle are equally retarded.  Let the Neos eat Oreos.

The world is unfair. Life is unfair.  I'm annoyed by folks who wear bill caps in restaurants.  I'm revolted those who speak ghetto, or excessive hick.  I hate people who spit tobacco juice on the floors of new homes being built.  And if I wanna hear bugga bugga music, I'll crank up the jammies in the privacy of my home! I"m too old, and tired to give a big flappy damn if I offended anyone.  Its called discrimination. Get over it.

I doubt if those implicated feel their outrage is vacuous.

You have a powerful talent that I was sure was unique to your God, the ability to gaze into the souls, minds, and spirits of others and measure the quantity, quality, and intent.   Kudos! 
« Last post by Onslow on August 16, 2017, 21:06:11 PM »
Those who sincerely yearn for national unity, labor to bring people together to build cohesive communities and civic minded organizations have not the time for such vacuous gestures of indignation, and self pity.  Anyone who is supreme/superior does not have to declare that one is such, and the counter protesters in this latest debacle are equally retarded.  Let the Neos eat Oreos.

The world is unfair. Life is unfair.  I'm annoyed by folks who wear bill caps in restaurants.  I'm revolted those who speak ghetto, or excessive hick.  I hate people who spit tobacco juice on the floors of new homes being built.  And if I wanna hear bugga bugga music, I'll crank up the jammies in the privacy of my home! I"m too old, and tired to give a big flappy damn if I offended anyone.  Its called discrimination. Get over it.
« Last post by Al on August 16, 2017, 20:38:17 PM »

Heard on national talk radio today (No it wasn't Rush) that while we are tearing down all these monuments to our "immoral" wars we need to look at the Vietnam Memorial - Someone suggested sandblasting it and using the remaining blank granite as the canvas for a huge painting to depict our diversity and how we are working to bring justice and love for all.
« Last post by troutfanatic on August 16, 2017, 16:06:38 PM »
Robert E. Lee was no more racist than Abraham Lincoln, if you read what they wrote at the time. 

I donít know; we might want to re-evaluate this comparison. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2007/06/24/the-private-thoughts-of-robert-e-lee

Plus Abe never owned slaves and was never indicted for treason. 

Sorry gents, I am very particular when it comes to my idols.

Yeah. I been wondering where you've been. Lee owned slaves. It's documented that he ordered harsh punishments for three that escaped and were caught. Regardless, Lincoln isn't a saint. I'll accept the lesser evil.
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 16, 2017, 15:20:13 PM »
The southern slaves were already free long before the northern slaves were.

Damn Yaller, every time I read your post I become more of a cynic.  I want to meet your middle school history teacher.

http://slavenorth.com/

What/who the heck do we believe?   Interesting topic Ė made me search some stuff. 
The bar is open.... / Re: BRFFF Fantasy Football 2017
« Last post by bmadd on August 16, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »
With the omission of Bully, it appears there will be enough Kickers and backup backup QBs in this year's league. If you were on the fence about wanting to participate due to worrying about the availability of those positions, it seems you have nothing to worry about any longer.
For Sale / Wanted / Re: For Sale 1998 Volvo V70 wagon 170K
« Last post by driver on August 16, 2017, 12:42:12 PM »
Ok. I might be serious now. Lemme talk to the commander.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10