Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The bar is open.... / Re: 5x Tippet needs your thoughts and prayers
« Last post by Dee-Vo on October 21, 2017, 20:58:57 PM »
Sent him a message. Thoughts and prayers continued. Good luck to you and yours, 5X.
« Last post by croaker on October 21, 2017, 20:08:22 PM »
Thanks for the update Al.
Continued prayers of peace and strength for Ben and his family.
Will give him a call...
The bar is open.... / Re: Fly Line to Leader Connections
« Last post by Woolly Bugger on October 21, 2017, 17:59:46 PM »
1. Intro is in the wrong place
2. Needs pictures
3. Bimini twist
« Last post by Al on October 21, 2017, 14:15:14 PM »
Update - Ben had to get away for a few hours so today (Saturday, 21 Oct) he drove to my home to deliver some feathers for me to distribute to a few local fly tying friends.

We had lunch prepared and just let him talk which I believe did him a lot of good - There is no way to say any of this is good but he has accepted the inevitable. He is still acting as the caregiver for the five women in his life - Mother who is 86 years old, three daughters all married now, and of course Laura his wife.  He thinks she has at most a month but it would not surprise him if it were a couple weeks or even days.

Ben spends every evening with Laura as well as dropping in during the day whenever he has a free moment. Up until two days ago she was able to get up to have supper and watch TV with him. It has now become too much for her to be moved from the bed to a chair - very doubtful her condition will improve to the point of getting out of bed again.

I'm going out on a limb here but if any of you have been on Ben's "call list" and have his cell number I believe he would love to hear from you. He may not pick up but just leave him a message saying how he, Laura and the entire family are in your thoughts and prayers. If you don't have his number, sorry,  I'm not going to give it out - just your prayers would be welcome.

« Last post by Dee-Vo on October 21, 2017, 07:40:01 AM »
I want to see some cutthroats and gilas. And scenery. And tits.
« Last post by Dougfish on October 20, 2017, 20:31:46 PM »
Arnold, want to buy a WRX? No trades.
Doesn't float.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Onslow on October 20, 2017, 20:24:53 PM »
I helped design the Edsel.
« Last post by arnold on October 20, 2017, 18:39:26 PM »
My name is Arnold (58 years old). 

I have been fly fishing since I was about 10 years old.  I was introduced to the sport by my Father who was the General Manager for the Phillipson Rod company.  I grew up in Colorado and Wyoming where there is lots of water to fish.  I now reside in Sandia Park,  New Mexico just east of Albuquerque.  I recently revived the Leader-Links product that my Father invented in the 1970's.  I sell them on the web.  I am not getting rich, but they are better than just about anything else out there for connecting fly lines to leaders, so I could not let them go extinct. 

I am a Mechanical Engineer and independent inventor (about 10 patents).  I hope to retire some day living within bike riding distance to a reasonably large trout river.     
The bar is open.... / Re: Fake News
« Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 18, 2017, 18:45:00 PM »
Calm down Aaron.   I was poking fun at Hiner who can only retort with lame UNC jokes.    :P

My previous post just earned me 3 credits at UNC!     
The bar is open.... / Re: Fake News
« Last post by Beetle on October 18, 2017, 15:12:18 PM »
Calm down Aaron.   I was poking fun at Hiner who can only retort with lame UNC jokes.    :P

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10