Author Topic: Topsail?  (Read 369 times)

Offline swervinmervin

• Horney Head
  • Karma +0/-0
Topsail?
« on: June 25, 2017, 17:28:14 PM »
I'm headed down to Topsail, NC for a big family vacation in August. I've never done any saltwater flats fishing, but it's always been something I've wanted to do. My 20 year old cousin is an avid fly fisherman in PA, so we want to hire a guide and go for redfish or whatever they have there. Has anyone been down there and have a recommendation?

Offline driver

• BRFFFERS
  • Steelhead
  • Karma +7/-14
Re: Topsail?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 23:49:13 PM »
I'm headed down to Topsail, NC for a big family vacation in August. I've never done any saltwater flats fishing, but it's always been something I've wanted to do. My 20 year old cousin is an avid fly fisherman in PA, so we want to hire a guide and go for redfish or whatever they have there. Has anyone been down there and have a recommendation?
Topsail is not the best place for redfish. But there are some places north and south of there.

Try Capt. Jot Owens or Breadman Charters.

I know nothing of these guides, just that they are in that general area and can accommodate fly fishing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Online Dee-Vo

• Premium Member
  • Steelhead
  • Karma +3/-3
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:59:38 AM »
I've always heard good things about Breadman.
"The Earth is my playground."  - D.V.

Offline Stone-Man

• Premium Member
  • Steelhead
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 15:25:20 PM »
If the fly rodding sucks , go to the lower end of Topsail and throw a piece of cut mullet where the sound meets the ocean . I have caught a lot of bluefish and a red or two there

JT

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10